- Dec 30, 2016 Post Date
- 16000793 Requisition #
Grady Health System offers many career paths for experienced professionals. Whether you have many years of experience or are in the early stages on your career, you can find a rewarding career at Grady!
Administers general anesthesia and sedation to all types of patients and for all types of procedures at the discretion of the Chief of Anesthesiology. Responsible for pre-anesthetic evaluation, anesthetic management and post anesthetic evaluation of surgical patients and other special procedures. Performs airway and pain management. Operates all equipment involved in anesthesia.
- CERTIFIED REGISTERED NURSE ANESTHETIST: Graduate of an approved school of nursing with Georgia licensure
- Graduate of an approved school of anesthesia for nurses.
- Certified by an appropriate credentialing process.
- PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT ANESTHETIST: Baccalaureate degree and graduate of an approved program of anesthesia for physician assistants
- Certified by an appropriate credentialing process
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
PRN staff are required to work a minimum of three (12 hour) shifts per schedule, yet hours are based on the needs of the unit(s) and are not guaranteed. (Length of shifts may vary) PRN staff may sign up in advance based on the needs of their home unit or other units within the department and may also be called when needs arise. PRN staff must be flexible with regard to floating to other areas within the department as needed. They are considered the first to float in order to assure safe staffing requirements across the nursing units.
Weekend Requirements: One (1) weekend shift per 4- week schedule. (Friday 7pm – Monday 7am)
Holiday Requirements: Must work two (2) holidays per year: One major (Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year’s) and one minor (Memorial Day, July 4th , Labor Day or Martin Luther King Day).