- Jan 06, 2017 Post Date
- 16001069 Requisition #
Grady Health System offers many career paths for your professional growth. Whether you have many years of experience or are in the early stages on your career, you can find a rewarding position at Grady!
Under direct supervision, perform cashier duties using an automated cash register and providing customer service. Answer the telephone, maintaining cashier supplies and assisting other clerical duties within the pharmacy. Cashier is responsible for processing cash, credit and check transactions, and other customer service tasks. Must be dedicated, energetic, and responsible with a professional appearance and be able to handle a large volume of patients and transactions. The goal of our Cashiers is to provide efficient, good service to make sure every customer and visitor leaves with a good impression. Provide fast, accurate and friendly service; Cashiers make sure the impression that customer's leave with is a positive experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of cashier experience in a high-volume customer service position
- Ability to operate a computer terminal, 10-key adding machine, and cash register
- Ability to communicate, read, write and understand English at a level necessary for efficient job performance
- Ability to collaborate with the public, sometimes with several customers at a time
- Ability to collaborate with other pharmacy personnel
- Must be a team player with impeccable honesty and integrity
- Maintain a high level of professional personal appearance and conduct
- Proficient in the use of personal computers, with knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Proactive and courteous customer approach
- Ability to diffuse possible conflicts with angry customers and/or patients
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow workers and the general public
- Ability to make rapid and accurate mathematical calculations and provide correct change in receipt for monies
- Desire to work with people in a high-paced Pharmacy environment
- Ability to understand and effectively carry out verbal and written instructions
- Registration with Board of Pharmacy after June 30, 2011
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.