Central Sterile Technician I - Night Shift
- Jan 11, 2017 Post Date
- 16000983 Requisition #
Under close supervision the Central Sterile Technician I is involved in the preparation and processing of medical and surgical supplies, and instruments for distribution to and from the Main OR, L&D, ED, and clinics. Operate decontamination equipment. Inspect, assemble and wrap for sterilization simple to complex surgical instrument trays, linen packs and other related supplies. Load, unload and operate sterilizers. Assist with the developing and maintenance of process improvement programs. Prepare case carts. Provide on-site support, training and communication to contracted facilities in accordance with the Department of Health, The Joint Commission, OSHA, CDC, AAMI and AORN standards and facilities goals and policies.
- High school diploma or equivalent, and six (6) months of Sterile Processing or Operating Room Technician experience; Or an equivalent combination of education and related medical experience
- Must possess Central Service Processing Technician Certification, or Certified Operating Room Technician within one year of hire
- Knowledge of sterilization supplies, equipment and instruments
- Knowledge of organizing, containing, and transporting items of varying compounds, textures or quantities
- Knowledge of transporting and disposing of hazardous materials and sharp objects according to hospital procedures
- Knowledge of sterilization procedures of various equipment and instruments
- Knowledge of wrapping and repackaging sterilized instruments
- Skill in using sterilization equipment and instruments
- Skill in arranging instruments on surgical trays
- Skill in following written instructions and performing multiple tasks
- Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with others
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.