Emergency Medical Technician - Atlanta Operations (Full-Time)
- Dec 09, 2016 Post Date
- 16000595 Requisition #
Grady Health System offers many career paths for Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT). Whether you have many years of experience or are in the early stages on your EMT career, you can find a rewarding position at Grady!
The Emergency Medical Technician - Atlanta Operations (Full-Time) provides emergency care to patients requiring EMS procedures in accordance with established medical protocols under the direct supervision of the Paramedic. Ensures assigned emergency vehicles and equipment are in an acceptable state of readiness at all times. Provides safe and effective transportation of patients to and from predetermined locations. Exemplifies excellent service behavior and timely responsiveness to co-workers, patients, clients, visitors, physicians, and vendors.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Georgia EMT- I or A certification is required.
- Must have and maintain current American Heart Association-Healthcare Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Must have a valid Driver's License and maintain an acceptable MVR according to departmental standards once employed. Must be insurable by the departmental provider at the standard rate.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of basic life support protocols, principles of emergency ambulance operations and current hospital principles as defined by national, state and regional standards.
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.