Technical Assistant-Blood Bank- FT Day
- Jan 04, 2017 Post Date
- 14355R Requisition #
Grady Health System offers many career paths for experienced professionals. Whether you have many years of experience or are in the early stages in your career, you can find a rewarding career at Grady!
Performs specimen processing and distribution functions in preparation for analysis by a Medical Technologist after confirming accuracy of patient identification; provides specimen collection procedure information and any applicable special instructions to providers; and communicates test results to appropriate individuals in accordance with standard clinical laboratory procedure.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Previous laboratory experience preferred
- Exposure to Clinical Laboratory procedures, personal computer functions, and laboratory information systems
- Understanding of Clinical Laboratory test accessioning, specimen collection and processing, and result retrieval and reporting principals
- Ability to follow laboratory procedures and occasionally function autonomously
- Good communication and interpersonal skills required
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.